Thanks to generous donations, Bishopsteignton now have multiple defibrillators installed and operational around the Parish!
- On the end wall of the Village Hall
- Pre-School down at the Village Green.
- Community Centre Front Wall
- Luton – Elizabethan
- Old Walls Vineyard
In the event that you need to use the machine the procedure to obtain and operate is as follows.
1. Dial 999 or 112 from a mobile phone and ask for Ambulance.
2. When connected advise the situation and that you wish to access the Defibrillator.
3. The Ambulance service will provide the lock code and at the same time despatch an ambulance to the scene.
(The code is also available from The Post Office, Supply Stores or Central Garage but it is essential that you also call 999 or 112 for Ambulance.)
4. The operator will stay on the line with you until the ambulance arrives, in the meantime extract the machine from the cabinet (an alarm will sound until you close the door) activate the defibrillator and follow the verbal instructions.
5. Continue to follow the instructions until the ambulance or paramedics arrive.